We welcome children into Ditton Church of England Junior School, following their seventh birthday, in year 3 through to year 6.
Our application process is very simple whether your child is joining us in year 3, or part way though into another year. All the relevant forms can be found at the bottom of this page.
Year 3 Applications
Children joining us in year 3 apply through the Local Authority and will receive confirmation from them that they have secured a place at this school. This can be done either online via
or by collecting a paper form from your child’s school. Application forms from the school will be sent to you for completion to be returned with the relevant identification as requested in the Local Authority correspondence you receive. We will arrange opportunities for the children to have a good transition through taster sessions, ie visits, sports activities, etc before joining us in September.
We hold an open day in December each year, but you are also welcome to arrange an individual tour if you are unable to make this.
In Year Applications
If you are interested in moving your child to our school from another school:
- Please contact the school office on 01732 843446 or email using the contact page https://ditton-jun.kent.sch.uk/contact/ for an appointment so we can show you around our wonderful school.
- In some cases we are able to offer a taster session(s) for your child to experience typical lessons at our school.
- Please print off and complete the above Application and the In Year Admission forms, or alternatively the school office can provide these.
- Please provide proof of identification for you and your child as follows:-
- Council Tax/Signed Tenancy Agreement/Exchange of Contracts/Completion Document.
- Proof of adult’s address.
- Proof of child’s address.
- We will issue an Offer Letter with an agreed start date.
- A class will be allocated together with a PE house in order that you can purchase the appropriate coloured PE top.
Your child can start making new friends and flourishing in our school.
We actively encourage you to look at the rest of our website where you can see the curriculum we offer and enrichment activities, together with our SIAMS and Ofsted reports.
You can apply for Free School Meals using this link: https://www.kent.gov.uk/education-and-children/schools/free-school-meals